Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Worship with the Girls

Tonight I had the chance to put the girls to bed tonight. Having done nap time with the girls, I was not sure how bed would go, but it was the best thing I have done in awhile. At first the girls would not sleep, in fact they would not stop moving long enough to sleep. So I laid down with Maryuri and asked the girls if they wanted me to sing for them. Well the for them turned into the with them. I started to sing and Maryuri hummed random notes, Cindy and Daniela would repeat what I would sing, and the other girls would just sing what ever they wanted. I loved it. A lot. It was beautiful. But I knew the girls would not sleep if they were all singing, so I told the girls that I would continue singing but I wanted them to sleep. Cindy told me that they needed to pray. Daniela prayed, then Cindy prayed, and then Katty. They prayed for about every person they could think of and for Casa de Esperanza. Katty prayed for me and then thanked God for, "all of the beds." It was funny. I just enjoyed worshiping God with these girls. I know that they do not fully understand God and why we worship Him. But you know what, neither do I.
I learn a lot from these kids. Especially about God, the Father.

JT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JT,
I am so glad that you are back with your kiddos and on a selfish note...I'm glad that you are back to posting for the time being!!
Erica

Anonymous said...

JT,
I know you're loving Honduras and the children. Keep showing them the Father's love.
Love you.
Dad