Saturday, July 21, 2007

Little Rays of Sunlight

The title kind of makes this sound like a Hallmark commercial, and it is kind of sappy in a sense. Yesterday, I had a rough day with one of the kids and I really took it to heart. The whole situation affected my mood and attitude, but three things brightened up my day.
The first was this:
Maryuri needed help with her shoe, so Francisco, who is only three, got down and started putting it on her. He never fully succeeded, but it still brought a smile to my face.

Next was this
How lucky am I that I can simply look of my back porch and see this. I have been here for two months and I have never really taken a good look at God's handy work right behind the house.

And finally, last night we met a big TORCH group at the Jesus statue for a devo. Worship in English becomes something very refreshing and special when most of the worship services you attend are in Spanish.

Yesterday taught me to find happiness in the little things in life. Thank you God for those little things.
I will post four more pictures of the kids later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! Love,
Mom