Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Weeks not Even Over!

This week has been crazy!

I blogged about Sunday, so you should already know about our time with Nathan. Keep praying for that kid. That night, Daniela, had one of her many fits. In these fits, she kicks, screams, and shakes. We know that her sister was sexual abused by her older brother, and we believe that Daniela was, too. We think that these fits are flashbacks to when she was being abused. She is only five. In the States, we would have the luxury of taking her to a child psychologist/counselor, but here that isn't the case. The best we can do for her is pray that her mind will be healed of this, and she can live a happy/healthy life.

Monday. Luby, one of the new kids that joined us at Casa de Esperanza, has very deep scars. I don't know his complete story, unfortunately, but I do know that he has been beaten on several occasions and the scars on his body are evident of that. On Monday morning, he was told that he would be allowed to go to school. This is a big deal, people. Here in Honduras, if you are twelve or older and you haven't started school, then you can attend an adult class and not regular school. Adult! Luby is twelve years old, he is not an adult. However, the kids' kindergarten teacher said that he could join her class- what a great person. At first Luby seemed excited about the whole thing, then he said it was for kids, then he wanted to go- it was nuts! Finally, he headed out of the door and towards the gate. Once I caught up to him, I had to restrain him so he wouldn't run away. During all of this he said he wanted to leave. Jen had told him if he ever said that again, because he had said that on multiple occasions, she would take him back to the judge. Though it hurt her very much, Jen along with Ashley, took Luby back. It was not a happy day. I just hope that the little we instilled into Luby's heart, will grow and he will be able to get out of the horrible cycle of life that can be found on the streets.

Tuesday. I am cringing as I write type this. I was on shift, by myself, for the four hours that the non-school age kids are here. That's only Francisco, Maryuri, Katty, and Antonio. It was a piece of cake... at first. After being inside for a couple of hours, I decided it was time for some fresh air. We went outside and I started to push three of the kids on the swings. Well, I was pushing Francisco and he was going pretty high, and I turn my head just as he slips out of the swing and lands head first on the ground. I have never feared for someone else's life so much in my lifetime. He had three cuts on the his head, one of which was bleeding profusely. I rushed him into the kitchen , where Delcia and Elbia tried to clean him up. There was a ton of blood. I thought he needed stitches. I held him for a long time, Francisco bawling, me at the verge of throwing up, lots of praying. I have never really felt adrenaline rush through my body before- I was freaking out. All in all, Francisco did not need stitches and his doing just fine now. By the end of the day he was sporting a new haircut.

Wednesday. This day was less eventful for me, but for three of the kids here it was rough. As I said before, Pamela and Daniela were sexually abused by their older brother. Yesterday, they and their brother Fitto had to go and testify against their brother in court for the abuse charges. After sitting in a backroom of the courthouse for sometime, they were told that they didn't have to testify because their brother plead guilty. What a blessing! Having to relive the trauma caused by their older brother would have been horrible. I pray that these kids, who have had to deal with something that no child/no person should ever have to go through, can close this painful chapter in their lives and look forward to a better future.

Today. It was quiet- thank you Lord!

It is so apparent that Satan wants to get in here. He has thrown many things at us, hoping that we will fail. Jokes on you Satan, we got Jesus.

Please pray for Luby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father, I pray for all these kids and for the people who are caring for them, especially for JT. Please give him physical and emotional strength to deal with everything he needs to do. It makes me so sad to hear about the things these kids have gone through but thank you, Jesus, that you have sent these people to love them. I pray especially for Nathan and Luby. Please draw Nathan to yourself and please watch over Luby. I'm so thankful that you are more powerful than Satan. We love you, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Love ya, JT!
Mrs. D.